Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Dark Knight

Well, I got to see The Dark Knight last night.

I'm not sure there are words to describe how I feel now. I'm in awe.

It was a wonderful movie. The visual effects were wonderful. Heath Ledger did a wonderful job, and I wish he were around to be in one in the future. But, I could see how playing a character like that could take a lot out of him emotionally. Who could work so long playing someone so insane without it taking a toll.

Christian Bale plays Batman and Bruce Wayne wonderfully. The way he changes his voice between Batman and Bruce Wayne was inspired. It helps to distinguish between the two, while helping to hide who Bruce Wayne really is from Batman's allies.

Aaron Eckhart did well as Harvey Dent. He was impressive as a heroic figure. I only have one minor complaint, but I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone. And, they could correct my complaint in a future movie.

Overall, the movie was worth the wait. Of course, I've been waiting since I first heard it was coming out, but it was worth the wait.

TTFN!

No comments: