Friday, July 1, 2011

Things I Wish I Didn't Know

For my book, I've had to look up info on stalking. The whole thing sounds horrific from a victim's standpoint. It's good on one hand, because it'll be able to make my main character more believable in her fear.

However, it's taught me things I wish I didn't know. Things about how often women report stalking behavior. Things that a huge part of me will never be able to forget. It'll add things to my book, it'll make my book more real, it'll potentially give me nightmares.

I wish stalking wasn't a problem. That people didn't obsess or took no for an answer. That everyone who's been stalked would be able to feel safe as soon as they can get away from their stalker. I wish stalking was something that never happened.

So, yeah. That's where I'm at right now.

No comments: