Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Think the Earth is Still on its Axis

After the raking over the coals treatment last week, my in-laws have been treating us fairly decently. I think it helps that Ace keeps pushing me out of the room some and they've actually turned off the TV sometimes and talked during dinner.

It's been a little weird.

HOWEVER, they have fixed our car (our heater and blinkers weren't working). So far, there hasn't been any strings attached, but they only got it fixed yesterday, so there's still time for strings. It was kind of nice to have them stop asking us when we were going to fix our heater (or find out how much it would be to fix our heater) and just do something about it since they were so interested in it. And the heater is working great now.

So, yeah. I've been trying to adjust to all this talking with my in-laws. I think my mother-in-law, at least, is starting to realize that my "laziness" is me trying not to stress out my back to where I CAN'T move for a while (38G sized boobs on a 5'4", 160 lb. frame will throw off a center of gravity and cause major pain if a person bends over much). She understands wanting to not hurt. I don't know how much she believes that's what I'm doing, but I think she's starting to kind of understand that I may be less lazy than she was originally thinking.

No comments: