Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Feeling Numb

I've mentioned in the past that I'm not talking to my mother. Today, I found out that her husband (my step-father) had a heart attack. I'm kind of numb. I don't know what to do or how to feel. This isn't a man I'm at all close to, but I'm stuck in shock right now (leaning towards crying). I don't know how serious it is or what is happening, but I know that trying to open communications back up with my mother isn't the right thing to do. Because I'll eventually get hurt again, and that is the one thing I'm trying my hardest not to do. So, I'll get info from what sources I can, pray, and wait. Hopefully I'll sort out how I feel before too long.

Ace and I are currently staying with his parents. It's going okay so far, but I think we are both looking forward to being back in our own house again soon.

I've got to go distract myself with something now.

No comments: