Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year?

So, Ace and I have been leaving the TV off. It's been good, for the most part. Except that I'm not getting the feeling it's almost Christmas, because I'm not watching any of the shows I'm used to. And I probably won't get to see Frosty the Snowman (who I love to watch), because it'll be shown on Friday at a time when we have church.

So, right now, even though my brain knows it's nearing Christmas, it feels like it could be any time of the year that is cold (like January). It's like this weird disconnect inside my brain.

I miss watching all those shows I've seen for years (over 25). I'm not saying it's a bad thing to not watch them, I just miss them. Listening to Christmas music on CDs just isn't cutting it, as I could listen to those CDs any time of the year.

So, any ideas how I can convince myself it's Christmas without turning on the TV or spending money? Because I am just about tapped out of ideas.

No comments: