Monday, April 19, 2010

15 Years

It's been 15 years since the Oklahoma City bombing. It's been 15 years and I still don't quite know what to think or how to feel about it all.

It was a tragedy. It's still a tragedy. Lives were cut short. The people who lived through it had their lives changed forever.

It tears me up inside to think about. 15 years ago, I was in 8th grade and was in American History at 9:02. I got to hear about what was happening in downtown Oklahoma City more than I wanted to (who wants to hear much about that kind of tragedy at 14?) because my mom was slightly obsessed with watching the news. It didn't help that during my library science class, the news was on for teachers to come find out the latest.

It's been 15 years. Oklahoma still mourns the loss. We've got a memorial in honor of the lives lost. We've mostly moved on with our lives, but on the anniversary we remember.

It's been 15 years.

No comments: