Monday, April 5, 2010

Shifting Focus

I have been spending almost all my time lately focusing on anything and everything other than writing. I realized earlier today that I'm avoiding writing anywhere.

I've been ignoring this blog, not because it means so little to me, but just because there is something shiny over there and I want to read this over here and there's this game to play and I'll get to it in a little while, make that tomorrow, what do you mean it's been a week since I updated?

I need to shift my focus. I need to force myself to write (not that I actually have to force the words out once I start, I just need to force myself to start).

So, I'm going to shift my focus. I'm going to intentionally work on writing, either here or on my book or, preferably, on both. I'm going to make myself start writing and let the words flow. I'm going to stop distracting myself.

I'll never finish my book if I don't work on writing it. And I'd like to finish it by the end of the year at the latest, which means I need to get writing.

No comments: