Sunday, March 28, 2010

Taking Time to Slow Down and Breathe

Lately, I've spent too many days/hours/minutes trying to get stuff done (mostly just to figure things out mentally). Today, I've decided to slow myself down, relax some, and just breathe some.

I've mentioned before that I have a tendency to stress myself out, but I think I understated how badly I do it. My friend, Karen, used to hate giving me massages because she'd end up sore at the end trying to get all my muscles to relax and give up the stress they had been carrying (for the past month). I felt bad, but I am in the habit of stressing about everything.

So today, I've decided that I only have 1 thing that needs to get done, adding some already downloaded files to the iPods. I've got until 10:15 tonight to do it, so I'm in no rush. I'll probably do it in about 30 minutes, but if I don't, it's no big deal. I have time.

I really need to look at slowing myself down and focusing on one thing more often. I push myself mentally until I'm almost at a breaking point, and it needs to stop. I need to let go of the stress and focus instead on breathing. If I can do that, I'll be a much happier, healthier person.

And isn't that the goal, being happier and healthier? If not, it should be. And maybe it'll help with the dreams of getting pregnant.

So, I'm off to do something else. I'm going to remind myself often to breathe and relax. I'm going to take today to slow down my brain.

No comments: