Monday, February 27, 2012

Thoughts about Food

Lately, I've been slightly obsessed with food. Ace and I have been stuck in a rut food wise, and my mind seems to think that planning out stuff for when we are on our own is a good way to over come it's objections to whatever we're having for dinner.

So, we've been talking about setting up a few specific things for some days. We're going to give up meat one day a week to eat less fat. This probably sounds bigger than it really is, we often end up not eating meat for several meals and this is just us being intentional about doing so. We're calling it Meatless Monday, although we haven't pinned down what day we'll actually be meatless (Ace says if Douglas Adams can have a trilogy with 5 books in it, we can have Meatless Monday on a Tuesday. I love this man.).

We are also talking about having New Recipe Thursday. I've got a cookbook with recipes already marked for things we should like. We're going to start trying some of those recipes. I figure it's important to try some new things (to expand our food options) and if we end up not liking something, we can always eat something else after we try the new recipe (this is my way of pushing myself to try some new things and to actually use that cookbook for something besides meatloaf).

Hopefully we'll find plenty of new options for the other 5 days of the week. And if nothing else, it'll get us thinking of new things and get me cooking more regularly.

So, any suggestions for recipes to try?

1 comment:

NGS said...

Frittatas of all sorts used to be my go to meals before I married an egg hating man. Quick, easy, delicious, and meat free. Or polenta - we use Bob's Red Mill and just slap spaghetti sauce on it with some veggies.

Or there's always breakfast for dinner - eggs (sigh), waffles/pancakes, toast. Oh, I'm starting to get hungry.