Monday, September 21, 2009

Finding Strength

Sometimes, I find myself surprised that I'm not a quivering mass hiding under the blankets, because I figured that this or that would be the last thing I could handle at this point.

And yet, I still find the ability to continue on with life instead of hiding. I find hidden stores of emotional strength just when I think I've reached my breaking point.

More and more lately I've been wondering exactly how this happens, but tonight I realized why. It's because of God's grace.

Every time I think I'm at a breaking point, I find that he's given me the grace and the strength to continue. In fact, he seems to give me enough grace to find peace and humor in my situation.

That isn't to say that I never have tears to shed or a desire to skip past certain things. It just that the tears don't stay and there is grace to help me through those uncomfortable times.

I still find it amazing and awe-inspiring that God loves me enough to ensure that I'm not a quivering mass under my blanket, but instead am strong enough to hold my head up high and keep pushing through the bad times until I get to the good times.

And if He does it for me, He'll do it for you too. Because while I'm special to God, so are you.

No comments: