Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Mailbox

Our mailbox had been barely hanging onto it's post. We've really been needing to fix it for a while, but it's been low on our list of things to do.

Sometime in the past 24 hours, the mailbox lost it's tenuous grip on the post, and fell off. I'm guessing it happened sometime this afternoon, given that we didn't get a knock on the door with our mail from the postal worker.

Nicely, the kid who mows our lawn came to let me know, which gave me a good reason to actually go out to grab the mail. The mailbox is currently sitting back on top of it's post, but I doubt it's going to stay there. And I really don't have a way of fixing it right now.

This is just one more thing I don't think I'll miss about this house when we do actually move out of it, whenever that may be.

Oh, the joys of home maintenance!

No comments: