Monday, May 21, 2012

Mixed Emotions

This is a week of mixed emotions for me.

Ace is going to leave tomorrow to start his new job. This makes me sad, because I don't want to be apart from him for roughly two months. But it's going to happen.

Thursday, I get to go to see my dad and step-mom for a few days. My dad is going to be in Tulsa picking up my grandmother, so I'll ride with them. I get to see family I haven't seen since at least Christmas. None of us knows where we'll be sleeping yet, and the house will be full of people. I'm looking forward to it greatly.

Ace also has shown me, once again, why you don't put things online until they happen. He's leaving my laptop with me (yay!) and will get a new laptop for himself as soon as reasonably possible. He doesn't want to try to keep track of a laptop until we are in our own truck (I think that's his reason). I'm happy to get to keep my laptop.

So, yeah. Mixed emotions all around over here (excitement is winning out right now, but tomorrow I'll probably be feeling a bit melancholy throughout the day).

No comments: