Thursday, May 3, 2012

Overheated

It's been so long since I've written. I should feel bad about that, but I've been so exhausted in the evenings and the weekends seem to be over nearly as soon as they've started.

We're doing well at truck driving school. We take our test for our licenses on Tuesday. Hopefully we'll be ready.

But all of that has little to do with my title. I've been getting overheated some at school. Most of it is outdoors, and the weather has been hotter than normal for this time of year. I've been wearing shorts to school the past 3 days, and I should have been wearing them since sometime last week.

I try my best not to get too hot. I stay in the shade as much as possible. I drink water. They are trying to send me out driving in the afternoons where I can be in a temperature controlled environment more and out of the sun while it is the hottest. I'm not eating tons of food, and not really wanting my food to be hot. I'm wearing the thinnest clothes I have when it's hotter out. The school and I are taking reasonable precautions.

And yet, I still have ended up sitting in the air conditioned office of the director of students multiple times trying to cool back off from being overheated. It hasn't been the hottest part of the year yet. Hopefully at that point, I'll be spending most of my days in an air conditioned truck and the heat rash that currently covers my arms and neck will go away.

Tomorrow looks to be another hot day like today was. Hopefully I'll not have to wait for an hour in a hot truck. That should help tremendously.

Whee?

No comments: