Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Numb

I'm numb. It's somewhat nice, because I've spent the better part of the day feeling upset (what with the lack of bathrooms and frustrations with the computer at work). But having recently read about the death of Heath Ledger, I'm numb. I think it's shock. I keep hoping it's all a bad dream, not because I know him or think he's the greatest star ever, but oddly because I'm not that much younger than he was. He's 28, I'm 27. And I have always known that there is the possibility of death, but I guess it's hitting home a little more than it ever has before. Oddly, when I read of his death, my first thoughts were not of his daughter, who I do feel bad for (I'm sure it will be hard to grow up without her dad), but that it seemed so odd and out of place. And my brain keeps trying to point out that I don't know anything about him, other than he was a good actor. So, why is this death hitting me so hard?

I think I may drown my numbness in some alcohol. I know it won't fix anything, but it may cheer me up a little.

TTFN!

No comments: