Saturday, January 19, 2008

Two Days in a Row? Wow!

I thought I'd tell you more of what happened during the great internet outage of 2007.

We lost our power for 3 days after the ice storm (it got down to 53 degrees in my house, I normally keep it at 75 people!). I ended up working some overtime at Bath and Body Works while we didn't have power. There wasn't much else to do and I was scheduled to work on those days (I went in early, and closing was usually rather late). It made my paycheck from there look at least a little nicer.

I got to see my siblings on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day (briefly, in the morning on New Year's Day). Ace and I finally visited my dad and celebrated Christmas with him. While there, I found out that I was exhausted enough to say penguin when I meant to say goose (I didn't notice that I said the wrong thing, I'm still remember saying goose, but I believe Ace and my dad when they say I said penguin). I had worked for 5 days in a row at Bath and Body Works (with the discontinued products, trying to learn where they were and still help people). Apparently, that exhausted the parts of my brain that weren't already tired. I took a nap on the way home and slept for 3 more hours after we got here.

I watched some movies. Ocean's Thirteen was good, it rounded out the series rather well. A Civil Action, which I finally got to see all (I saw part of it in my sociology class... in 2006), was good, but I didn't really like the ending. Lord of War was interesting, but I wouldn't really recommend it to everyone. Live Free or Die Hard was really good. Interesting, and terrifying, plot line. Entirely too plausible for my comfort.

Oh, and I've decided to slow down on the sarcasm this year. It's my New Year's resolution, sort of. I've done really well so far, but I still have work to do.

Well, that's all for now.

TTFN!

No comments: