Friday, June 12, 2009

Reading

Today, I re-read The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (from the Chronicles of Narnia series). It's been a long time since I've read it. I enjoyed re-reading it greatly.

And it was interesting to see the way that CS Lewis wove in a belief in Jesus and the kind of life Jesus encourages us to live seemlessly into a fantasy story that is engaging and entertaining.

Tomorrow, I plan on reading The Silver Chair. It's nice to go back and read these stories as an adult because I see things that I missed (or didn't know) when I was younger. Plus, the stories still hold my attention, something that could just as easily not happen.

My set is an older set (from when I was younger) and has the older order still intact (based on the order they were written, starting with The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe). And reading through the stories this time reminds me why I love the characters so much (and why I got frustrated with the changes in the second movie). It's something that is helping keep me happy (as is the good news from yesterday, now that I've got more sleep).

So, what are you reading lately?

No comments: