Monday, June 29, 2009

Bad Day

Today, I'm having a bad day. And I don't mean that bad things are happening, because on the whole it's been a lovely day in that regard.

No, I'm having a bad day emotionally. I'm feeling short tempered with the dog. I'm feeling other people's pain a little too sharply. I'm just feeling emotionally blue for no good reason (although, I suspect hormones are a part of this).

I feel the desire to strangle the dog (something I know I could never accomplish and really don't want to do at all) just because he wants me to let him outside. So, his crime today has been the fact that he's a dog and can't open and close doors on his own. That and the sound of his tags seem a little too loud today.

I know that tomorrow I could be having just the opposite type of day where everything seems to be going wrong, but I feel like I'm floating through it all.

But for now, I'm trying to concentrate on one thing at a time. And for now, it should probably be folding and putting away laundry (while watching some TV). At least then I'll be doing something constructive with my time.

And hopefully, that will help stop my bad day in it's tracks.

No comments: