Sunday, November 6, 2011

NaBloPoMo Day 6

or Ahh! Things Have Gone Crazy

Um, yeah. It's been slightly hard to stay calm over here lately. The past two nights, we've had earthquakes in Oklahoma. Noticeable ones.

Friday night, while my father-in-law was at work and my mother-in-law was in bed, Ace and I were relaxing. We were talking about possibly getting romantic, and I was changing some clothes, when suddenly the walls started shaking. At first, I thought someone was trying to open the door to our bedroom (with the door locked). Ace thought there may have been someone on the roof. Turns out, it was a 4.7 earthquake elsewhere in Oklahoma.

Last night, shortly before 11 p.m., the ground shook and the walls shook. There was no confusing it, Oklahoma was having another earthquake. What was originally said to be a 5.2 was upgraded to a 5.6 earthquake. It was felt in parts of Texas, Kansas, Missouri, and Arkansas in addition to Oklahoma.

I've been trying to calm myself some. I've only known that Oklahoma has earthquakes for a few years now and after experiencing 2 in 2 days, I'm a little freaked out about it. I'd rather go back to only having to wonder about tornadoes, they are bad enough.

So, yeah. Earthquakes in Oklahoma. What is proper procedure for earthquakes?

1 comment:

Ace Smith said...

For me the procedure for the second one was to ignore it and keep fighting the boss I was trying to kill in World of Warcraft. But, I'm sure that other people would probably recommend getting to a doorway that isn't close to something heavy that could easily fall on you. So, in this house, we're pretty much screwed. (OK, it's not that bad, it just feels like it.)