Friday, January 27, 2012

The Bright Side

After complaining about my job for 2 days, I figure I should post something positive about it. After all, it's not all frustrating people and stress.

I had one person calling about her refund who apologized for any frustration her husband was causing us about checking on their refund. She called me Sweat Pea. She made me smile. It was one of the nicer calls I've had.

I also had one of the guys at one of our stores banter with me a little and he made me smile. He understood my frustration at the IRS situation and just cheered me up by being happy to hear from me. It was a bright spot in a somewhat frustrating day. It made it easier to smile and talk with customers.

There are the people who seemed less frustrated and upset after talking to me that have encouraged me. I may not have been able to give them what they want, but I was able to help them understand what is going on and to know that the company I work for does care about their situation. Their stories will probably never fully leave me. These are the people I wish I could do more for. But I know that letting them rant helps some.

There are plenty of bright spots in my day to make it possible to do this job. And those bright spots outshine the problems. It's just a little harder, at the end of a long, frustrating day, to remember all the bright spots at first. The complaints and the frustrations have to be purged so that those people who help make me feel like I can continue doing this job can come back to mind.

I doubt I'll ever love this job, but I like it most of the time. If I get on here and complain, I'm just trying to vent my own frustrations so that I can go back to work and be cheerful again. (I am still looking forward to the end of tax season.)

No comments: