Thursday, January 26, 2012

Let's Hear It for the IRS

After my slight frustrations yesterday, the IRS decided to drop some exciting news on us today. They had problems with some new filtering software. This is causing delays in refunds.

There were many frustrated and disappointed people. Nicely, most of the people I talked to were being reasonable about it. They weren't happy, but they seemed to understand that it was the fault of the IRS.

I'm happy that I have tomorrow off. I won't be having to spend another day explaining to people that their refunds won't be available until next week. I won't have to hear them complain that they should get a discount on their taxes because of a problem the IRS has. I won't have to apologize to people all day long.

Hopefully next week will be more fun. Hopefully next week will be me telling a lot more people that they can come in and pick up their checks. If nothing else, I get to have time alone with Ace next Friday (his parents will be out of town and I will be off). And I get paid next Friday. Next Friday is looking very pretty.

But I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank the IRS for how the day went. Hopefully they won't be surprised when they get a bill for chocolate and a massage in the mail.

No comments: