Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 11

Today, I am thankful for belated birthday gifts.

My card from my grandmother arrived. She packed it in a box and sent a stuffed pig with it (I like pigs, especially cute stuffed ones).

In my birthday card was some birthday money too. I've now had 3 different birthday dinners and 3 different people give me the exact same dollar amount for my birthday. Turning 30 has been profitable for me.

I'm not fully sure what Ace and I will do with my birthday money (I'm thinking possibly dress shirts for Ace for work, but I haven't mentioned it to him yet). I do know that this was something that touched my heart and I need to spend a bit more time on the phone with my grandmother later since I have briefly talked with her to thank her for her generosity and the phone call wasn't nearly enough to express my appreciation or to talk with her about anything.

But today, I'm celebrating mentally getting a belated birthday greeting and the love shown in the thoughtfulness of the gift given.

No comments: