Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 13

Today, I am thankful for emotional releases.

An odd combination of things led me to an emotional breakdown a little while ago. I cried, sobbed really, for a few minutes. Ace was concerned and slightly annoyed at the timing of my emotional outburst (he was doing something semi-important and my crying was distracting).

Once he finished what he was doing, he came and cuddled with me. He allowed me to talk for a bit, to explain my emotions and why they had popped up. He tried to get me to laugh. He said supportive things. He hugged my legs (the only part he could easily get to). He showed tons of patience and understanding. He let me express my pent up pain and helped me build myself back up again.

In the end, I felt better. My emotions had been cleared up quite a bit and the pain of dealing with them was minimized by having someone who cares so much being there to support me. He reminded me again why I feel he'll be a great dad. He pulled me through my emotional release much more quickly than I would have on my own.

But, I'm thankful for the emotional release, because I needed to deal with those emotions. I needed to confront my feelings on a situation that happened in July so that it won't haunt me for years. I needed to give myself some closure on some things that have been waiting for roughly 4 years now. I needed to cry to help wash out my emotional wounds and let them start healing. It's time to start moving forward in my life again.

No comments: