Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We're Home Safe and Sound

We got home yesterday at around 4:30 p.m. It's nice to be home. I then proceeded to sleep 11 hours almost straight (within 30 minutes of 11 hours). I want to know the longest I have to stay up before I can reasonably take a nap, because I am still tired and feel rather icky. My internet connection went away starting about noon on Saturday.

Ace wonders, and I do too, what it is about travel (especially towards home) that takes my energy away. I don't think it's the amount of time spent, but that could have something to do with it. Part of me thinks its all the time I miss sleeping while away from home. I wake up throughout the night (not for very long) while away. This doesn't seem to bother me as much when I'm sleeping in my own bed. The early hours of housekeeping at the hotel we stayed in didn't help either. Why would an east coast hotel set their housekeeping to start at 8:30 when most of their guests are used to sleeping at that time?

I'm ready for a nap.

TTFN!

No comments: