Friday, February 15, 2008

Stubbornly Optimistic

Yesterday, after my semi-jealous ranting, I went to the bathroom and saw that I was spotting. Of course my baby-obsessed mind turned that into potential good news instead of the harbinger of doom that it was.

"It could be an embryo emplanting. I could be getting pregnant right now, and was just premature in peeing on the only pregnancy test in the house."

And then I had a couple of brownies and relaxed for most of the rest of the evening (except for some laundry folding).

This morning, still on the light spotting, which just keep me believing the optimistic hope that maybe I wasn't going to start my period this month.

While at work, I noticed my jeans were feeling really tight around the waist. And all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and not move for a week.

Have I mentioned that I'm definitely not pregnant this month, but was stubbornly optimistic about the slightest potential of it happening?

After taking 2 Midol, I think I'm feeling human enough not to hide under my covers all weekend, but I'm not up for doing anything today.

I'm going to lay back down now.

TTFN

No comments: