Sunday, May 17, 2009

Trying to Find Distractions

Today, I tried to find some things to distract myself throughout the day.

My friend, Jenna, is going through a hard time right now, and she had to have surgery today. I distracted myself so that I wouldn't focus completely on that all day long (it didn't fully work, I checked her blog for updates all day and was relieved to see posts up with her seeming to be doing well after surgery).

I did, as good friends should, send her some e-mails of encouragement (and faith), sent an e-card to help cheer her up, and left her comments on her blog, trying to let her know that I care. And I got her to laugh, mainly because when I was up in the middle of the night last night (as I seem to often be), I sent the Bible quote I meant to, but attributed it to the wrong book of the Bible.

I'm hoping that the rest of her May and mine will go much better, and that her physical problems are all corrected so that she only has to deal with the emotional aspects of what has happened.

Jenna, I'm here, willing to listen, if you need someone to pour yourself out to and Joey isn't around (because he has work or school or if you just want someone else to say it all to). And if you would like me to just try to find silly things to send you (or even just more Bible verses), let me know. Anything I can do to help, I'm more than happy to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, friend!! Every day it gets a little bit better. :)