Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What, Me, Throw Up? Nah

So, I don't think I've shared this before, but I get sea sick (sort of). I don't actually empty my stomach, but I feel like doing so. But only when things are wavy.

On cars, buses, trains, and planes I feel fine traveling forward, backward, and probably upside down (if I wanted to travel that way). But, put me on a boat (or jiggle my bed) and my stomach decides that I should feel sick.

Only, I never actually throw up, so I don't know if that would really make me feel better.

Okay, I told you all of that to tell you this: my hormones make me feel nauseous around massage chairs (and similar apparatus). I start feeling that same sensation of wanting to throw up. I know it's hormonal, because it only happens right before I start my period (or get a visit from Aunt Flo, if you are afraid of the word period). Otherwise, my massage chair and I get along fine.

Right now, my massage chair is just getting to be a chair. Right now, my massage chair is massage non grata for my stomach. If only my back and stomach were on the same page (I'd kind of like a massage, but I don't really relish the idea of feeling queasy).

So, I'll stay here avoiding doing something to annoy my stomach and I'll wait. Because there isn't too much more I can do for now.

No comments: