Friday, July 31, 2009

Meeting Goals

I'm looking back on my goals from February. I can already tell that I'm not doing as well as I had hoped.

I've met my goal of reading Pride and Prejudice. I finished that within a week.

I've read through Proverbs 6 times. I've read 6 different versions of Proverbs. It's been interesting to see the differences and the similarities (of course, it should be very similar, since it's the same book each time). Ace has requested that I read a specific version this month.

We are eating at home more, but we aren't eating more fruits and veggies (although, I've probably had more fruit this year than I did last year) in general. Lack of a water heater has really put a crimp on cooking healthier food in general.

I've given up on joining a gym and loosing 50 pounds this year, as the finances also dictate that those things are at the bottom of the list of important things right now. It's more that I've seen that those goals are reliant on certain things changing.

Also, I still prefer things to be even when possible. It's some weird quirk that I'm beginning the think I'm just going to have to live with.

So, while I'm not doing perfectly, or even really meeting most of my original goals, I am trying. Things are happening. And I have to just have faith that things will work out the right way.

And until then, I guess I'll keep working on that patience thing. I know that it's not always been a strong point with me. So, I'll keep trying and waiting and believing. And, when the time is right, all my goals will be met.

No comments: