Monday, February 15, 2010

A Book Waiting Impatiently to Be Written

I'm working on writing a book. I have my outline done, I think. It's 4 pages long, but it has lots of details. I know when things are happening in the book. I know what things are happening in the book.

I have a couple of things to research as I write and a couple of other decisions to make as I get to writing them. Unfortunately for me, my characters are not leaving my brain alone. They are asking for more scenes to be added to my outline.

I'm having to find ways to distract myself right now, as I'm not currently working on actively writing this moment. I'll work on it soon, but not until later. But this is a story that's been on the back of my mind for the better part of 10 years, so it's ready to come out now. And by now, I mean yesterday, at least that's how it feels right now.

So, if I'm not on as much, it's because I'm busy writing. But I don't expect to finish this book in the next month (unless once I start it all just comes pouring out). I'm expecting it to take as long as it needs to take. I just hope my characters stop demanding additions to the story, for my sanity if nothing else.

No comments: