Friday, February 12, 2010

A Celebration of Love

A few years ago, around Valentine's Day, I surprised Ace with 3x5 cards around the house with the words "I love you" written in different languages. I found 15 different languages and had him guess what they all said when he got to the end (I told him they all said the same thing). He got to hunt them all down (they weren't hidden really, just spread around). The last card was on our bedroom door, with me behind it ready for some romance.

This year, we don't have the ability for me to do something quite so romantic. We're currently in a one room place (if you don't count the bathroom as a second room). Not that I've generally been good with grand gestures.

This year, I want to spend some time praising Ace as a husband here on my blog. I'm fairly sure I do that somewhat often, but it can never be said quite enough.

Ace, you bring me up when I am down. You make me laugh when I feel like crying. Sometimes you make me laugh hard enough to cry. You make anything good seem better and anything bad seem more tolerable. You hold me close when I need comfort and give me space when I'm annoyed. You may not be perfect as a person, but you are perfect for me.

Ace, I love you. I hope to spend the next 100 years celebrating our love with you.

No comments: