Thursday, March 22, 2012

Distracted by The Doctor

I did not mean to not post for a few days, but I've been distracted lately. I've been watching Doctor Who (season 6) on Netflix. I am all caught up (except the 2010 Christmas special, because it's not available).

Everyone says you never forget your first Doctor, and they are right. But I think Matt Smith is my Doctor, even though he's not my first Doctor. He does such a good job balancing the happiness and the pain that comes from his position. He's less serious most of the time, but he still saves the day. He's perfect, in an imperfect way.

Doctor Who, like all British shows, reminds me how backwards America is on TV. Most of our TV stars look prettier than most of the general population. I'm not saying that it's 100% the case, but most of the time Americans are looking at people who seem more perfect physically. In Britain, most of the people in their shows look like anybody you would see down the street. And I kind of love it. I wish America would do a bit more of that.

Anyway, I've been distracted by The Doctor lately. So, that's where I've been (Not feeling depressed and crying my eyes out. Laughing and cringing and facing some fears that I didn't realize needed facing until suddenly, they are faced.).

What have you been distracted by lately?

No comments: