Sunday, March 18, 2012

There's a First Time for Everything

Not too long ago, I entered a contest to win a cookbook. It was on Aiming Low and I was hoping that I might win. I've never won anything I've entered online before, but I figured the worst that would happen is that I entered and didn't win again.

Well, turns out I've won. Soon, I will be getting a cookbook in the mail from Ree Drummond, A.K.A. The Pioneer Woman. It'll be exciting to go through and make notes on what dishes to try for New Recipe Thursday in the future.

Ree Drummond lives not too far from Tulsa. She'll be doing a signing in Tulsa for this cookbook later this month. I'm slightly hoping Ace and I will have a chance to go meet her in person then. I have not specific expectations that it will happen, but you never know.

I won something and it's something that has me really excited. I love cookbooks. I purposefully don't look at cookbooks at bookstores because I'd be as likely to stock up on too many cookbooks that I will never get through as I would in the fiction section (not that it stops me from looking at the fiction section).

So, I'll be trying to not obsessively check Ace's e-mail address for when I have a package to pick up. Yay for me and my new cookbook!

1 comment:

Ace Smith said...

The big difference in the 2 types are that cookbooks pretty much need to stay in or near the kitchen, so there is more of a limited space then for the fiction books that can be put in a library or spread out into different rooms if needed.