Friday, March 9, 2012

Life or Something Similar

I've not disappeared off the face of the earth, although you can be forgiven for thinking so. Instead I've spent most of the past week dealing with a sinus infection type thing (I am so tired of coughing. Also, I am tired of being tired all the time.) and this migraine that has come and does not want to leave, even though it's being all polite and barely bothering me much 90% of the time.

The migraine, let me tell you about it. Tuesday evening, while I was in the middle of feeling exhausted and over-sharing information, as you do, I suddenly had a headache in one spot. It was bothering me, what with the throbbing, but it hadn't hit me that it was a migraine. Until someone, nicely, asked me about my headache and where it hurts. Then they pronounced it was a migraine, and suddenly I realized that light had become evil and started wondering why there wasn't music playing to help my head stop hurting (most migraine sufferers want quiet, I need music to help my head because I have to be weird and unusual). When I woke up Wednesday, my head felt fine. In fact, until last night, my head seemed normal. Then, suddenly, on the opposite side of my head, pain. Ace thinks it's the same migraine (they can apparently last up to a week). I'm not 100% convinced it's not a different migraine, but they've both been so much less painful than ones I've had in the past so it's hard to tell for sure. It just hurts to get upright and light is evil.

So, yeah. I've spent most of the past week trying to feel semi-human again. I'm hoping to be able to lay flat on the bed sometime soon (if I lay flat now, I start coughing, so I'm sleeping propped up with pillows). Hopefully the headache will disappear suddenly and I'll be able to go about my normal daily life again.

And now I'm going to go find some music to help soothe my head. Because every other sound hurts right now.

No comments: