Thursday, July 3, 2008

How I Spent My 5th Anniversary

I'm not quite ready to talk about the driver's license drama, mostly because I have people coming over at 6:30. So, instead, I'll tell you all about my anniversary.

I got to bed around 4 am (while visiting my dad). Then I woke up at 8 am, in pain and unable to get comfortable enough to go back to sleep. So, I got up and moved to the living room and finished reading the book I had started the night before.

Then I got another book to read. Read on that a while and then took a nap on the very comfortable sofa. After that, I went back to reading until my dad got home from work.

We went out to dinner and had some very yummy catfish. Before the food got to the table, my dad gave me a Vicoden, which hit me not long after I finished eating (within minutes). I realized very quickly that I couldn't trust my legs to actually hold me upright when I stood up (but my shoulder was feeling nice and warm and it didn't hurt anymore).

After getting safely to the car (thanks in large part to Ace), we went to go get soft-serve ice cream. I had the biggest small cone that I've ever had and fought the Vicoden and myself to keep my head upright until we got back to my dad's house. We noticed how bad the menu was at the ice cream place (they had egg & roll and foo longs).

Then, after we got back to my dad's house, I laid on the comfy sofa for about 5 minutes before I was told they were going to open up the hot tub if I wanted to get in. Which, of course, I did as I was sure it would help my shoulder. So, Ace helped me (again) in getting changed into my swimming suit and played with their dog while everyone else soaked in the hot tub (nicely, by the time I got to the hot tub, I was no longer high or light headed, but I still wasn't in pain).

After the lovely soaking in the hot tub, I got into their pool for a few minutes (15? 20? somewhere in there). Then I came back inside and got dressed for bed and relaxed watching some TV/reading a book in the living room.

At 10 pm, I took some other medicine that my dad gave me and then slept 13 of the next 15 hours before being able to easily keep myself awake.

So, yeah... not nearly as exciting as I would have liked.

Tell me about how you were expecting one thing and got another.

No comments: