Thursday, July 31, 2008

I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist

I don't normally talk that much about my faith, because to me it is a personal thing. But, I would like to say that I think being an atheist takes a lot more faith than believing in God.

It takes more faith, because you have to believe that randomly, by chance, life happened on this planet, where it would be safe from all the other space things, it wouldn't be too warm or too cold, and the atmosphere would be just right for humans to live. I don't have that much faith. You also have to have enough faith to realize that you don't know where the things that created the universe as we know it came from (even if you believe in the Big Bang, where did the stuff that the big bang came from?). I only have to try to convince myself that God was here before time and will be here long after time is gone, which isn't nearly as hard to do.

I don't have to convince myself that things that should be impossible, like bumblebees, are some random chance. I don't have to believe that I am descended from monkeys. And I'm glad, because I don't think I have that much faith.

When I see the universe at night (when I can), it always makes me feel small and I realize that I'm a tiny dot on a tiny dot. But it is beautiful and shows me that God exists and cares for me, even if I am a tiny dot on a tiny dot.

So, today, I am thinking about how I don't have enough faith to be an atheist. Besides, it sounds like too much work to believe all that.

TTFN!

P.S.: Look for what I've learned on the last two weeks of the Baby Borrowers this weekend. Probably Saturday.

No comments: