Friday, August 8, 2008

Questioning

I'm wondering what makes a marriage last. Why some couples are able to be married for 50-60+ years and others don't make it past 2. The only thing I can imagine was that it has to do with communication. Maybe the couples who communicate are able to stay married longer.

I'm happy that my marriage is going well. I'm glad it has been well for the last 5 years. I'm hoping for it to go even better over the next 50+ years. Ace and I talk, a lot. And sometimes when we talk more, I write less here, because I say those things I need to say.

I'm going to go. I've got things to do, including eating some chocolate that is calling my name.

But for now, I'll keep wondering about what makes a marriage last.

TTFN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had both kinds - a 15-year terrible one and a 22-year fabulous one (happening right now). Truly, it's communication and not keeping any feelings uncommunicated also and expressing them the right way - with love underneath.