Saturday, August 9, 2008

What I've Learned from "The Baby Borrowers: Lessons Learned"

Mainly, I've been reminded that having kids is popular these days. It's popular for everyone to have kids.

But, and I can't stress this strongly enough, I don't want to have kids because it's popular.

I want to have kids, because I want to be a mother. I dream of it (at least, I day dream of it). I want to face all the hard times (midnight feedings, temper tantrums, potty training, etc.) because I know that ultimately it IS worth it, that kids are better than they seem based on reality TV/movies/books/whatever (I do like that the show showed the real possibilities though, because I'm all for teaching teens why they don't want kids yet).

So, hopefully, a lot of teens learned something from this show (hey, if someone in their mid-20s can learn lots of things, teens should have too). I somewhat hope this comes out on DVD so that I can be able to show it to my kids when they are old enough (which obviously happens after I have kids).

I wonder if there will be a second season with new teens and new kids. If so, I'll probably watch again.

What did you learn from this series?

No comments: