Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Babies on My Mind

It seems that I'm thinking of being pregnant and raising children a lot lately. It could be hormonal, it could be the blogs I read, or it could be that on Sunday the timing was just right for us to try to get me pregnant and we had lots of alone time in which to have sex. It felt kind of like God was smiling on our efforts.

And the timing was right for trying. I couldn't have planned that kind of timing if I tried. So, there is a very real hope that those sperm will meet that egg and we'll have a little one next year.

It didn't help my feelings that Monday night my mother-in-law said something about babies and dirty diapers and implied that I might not be able to get pregnant. It was just too soon after finding an elusive perfect time and led to me getting two or three times as hurt as I might otherwise have been.

After a night's sleep, I'm feeling better about life. I'm still wanting to avoid my mother-in-law, in hopes that I won't get hurt. But I'm reminded that there is hope and I just have to be patient, something I'm beginning to get very good at (a lot of my life lately seems to be me doing something and then waiting for the situation to fully be resolved by someone else).

So, that's where I'm at right now. Waiting and trying to keep my hope up that this month the timing was absolutely perfect. After all, I have babies on my mind.

No comments: