Monday, March 17, 2008

How Long?

How long do I have to answer questions about when I'm going to have kids? (So far, the answer hasn't changed. "We're trying," and a thought of 'not that it's any of your business' for anyone but our tax guy.) Probably until we have kids.

How many times can one hear that question before feeling like there is something wrong with them? I don't know, but I'm starting to feel that way. Over 4 and 1/2 years of marriage, without anything to prevent pregnancy, and I'm still not a mother. And the person I should be talking to this about is in a meeting about real estate, so I'm stuck talking to the internet.

How long do I wait before breaking out the alcohol and seeing if getting tipsy makes me feel better? I'm thinking about 30 minutes, if I can last that long.

How much do I wish I were someone else? There aren't the words.

Later.

No comments: