Friday, March 14, 2008

In Praise of Pajama Bottoms

I actually came to praise pajama bottoms and Midol. But I'd rather not mention pain medication in the title of a post. At least not until I've got something stronger than Midol in my system.

I went to sleep last night, knowing I should take a Midol, but figuring that I wasn't cramping yet, maybe I'd sleep deep enough to sleep through quite a bit of the pain. That worked for roughly 3 and 1/2 hours, and then I woke up in some serious pain.

The thing about pain with me, I get more descriptive and imaginative when I'm in pain. The pain was bad. I think it would have hurt less if someone had kicked me in the stomach, but I eventually got the pain relief I was seeking.

This morning, I woke up without pain. It was nice. Of course, that was ruined by the necessity of wearing pants that weren't my pajama bottoms (which have a nice elastic waist, so they don't hurt my tender muscles). I didn't stay long at work (1 hour, and then I was more than ready to leave for the week). I changed back into my pajama bottoms as soon as I got back home and into the bedroom.

I've only changed out of them once, and only for lunch (I was wanting steak, so we went and had steak. I ate the whole steak and most of my sides, which is more than I expected to eat). And as soon as we got back home, I changed back into my pajama bottoms. Since I have no plans to go anywhere for the rest of today, I plan on staying in them until I'm forced to get dressed sometime this weekend.

Oh, and we got our federal tax refund today. We're very excited (and it contributed to us going out to lunch).

In summary, I'm content with Midol and pajama bottoms, and not wanting to see pants again until sometime tomorrow.

TTFN!

No comments: