Saturday, March 29, 2008

What Do I Miss?

I'm listening to Trace Adkins sing about what your going to miss as you move on with your life. And so far, I don't miss any particular part of my life that I've passed.

I enjoyed high school, but I don't really miss it. And I definitely wouldn't go back if you asked me to. It wasn't bad, but there isn't anything I really want to go back and relive. It wasn't a time that I miss.

I enjoyed being newly married, but I'm happy that I'm past that first year. We had lots of things to talk about then that could easily have become fights if we hadn't been careful. And nothing about that time is particularly near and dear to me. I wasn't close to people I am now, and I regularly saw people I didn't want to.

I'm not a mom yet, but I'm looking forward to that. And I'm fairly sure I will miss every part of that when the kids grow and change. But so far, it's something I'm looking forward to.

I miss seeing certain members of my family, that's what I miss. I miss getting to see everyone for Christmas and Thanksgiving. I miss hearing the arguments among my uncles. They argue about anything, and I think they are on the same side of the argument half the time. And all the females only half listen to what they are arguing about, mostly just enough to find out the topic before going back to more reasonable topics.

I miss seeing my friends from college. I miss the fun times we had in college. I miss having the stresses I had then instead of the stresses I have now. I miss silly jokes that the guys didn't get and making up a pretend band and having girls' nights out.

I miss seeing my best friend from high school, YzArC. And yes, I have a good reason for calling her that (it's what she requested and how she signed the map). I miss the long phone calls we have (it's been a while since we've spoken). I miss playing cards with her at lunch. I miss dressing up for her themed birthday parties. But mostly, I just miss spending time with her.

I guess it's not so much the times I miss from my past as much as the people. They helped me to become who I am now. And I like who I am now.

I'm going to go, because I think I've been deep enough for one night. Besides, I've got to get ready for when Ace comes home, because according to the stick I peed on earlier, I'm going to ovulate in the next 24 to 36 hours, so we'll be having sex.

TTFN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW... I have finally made it to the blog!!!! It almost make me wanna cry (NOT)!! Miss ya too!!