Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Things Do Get Better

I apparently really needed the hug and the chocolate, because not too long after getting them I started feeling better about life. I really wish sometimes that I wasn't quite so empathetic towards other people (mostly when I feel down without actually going through the event that is making me upset). It's not so much that I don't want to care about others, I just don't want to feel what they feel all the time.

I think I've just figured out why I enjoy reading novels and escapist literature more than non-fiction. There is less emotions attached to the fiction. And I need less emotion much of the time. My emotions seem to run on high most of the time, and it's tiring.

Ace and I were talking the other day about whether or not we thought that maybe being tired was in some way painful, a question partly brought about by the fact that I start getting sarcastic when I'm tired and when I'm in pain. I think there is some kind of connection between tiredness and pain, but not physical pain. I think it's more emotional pain. Of course, this is just my best guess.

I'm going to relax some more, because I can.

TTFN!

No comments: