Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Snippets

I've got a lot of random things floating around in my head that I want to get out, but none of them are really long enough for a post to themselves, so I'm going to stick them here together.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My sister and her boyfriend have been dating for about a year and a half. When she was little, because of her outgoing personality, we thought she'd be the kind of girl who changed boyfriends every week (like some of my cousins apparently did). From what I can tell, this hasn't been the case. Although, I do think this is the longest dating relationship she has had.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, Ace and I watched 16 episodes of Get Smart (from the first season). While I don't think either of us expected to spend 8 hours watching Maxwell Smart, we both seemed to enjoy it (to the point we got distracted from the other things we were doing). When we can, I want to get the show on DVD.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a weird personality sometimes. I am introverted and quiet, unless I feel safe and comfortable. Then, I can talk your ear off. I can get comfortable enough around groups to seem somewhat extroverted, but it can take time. Around groups of kids, I don't seem to need to observe the culture first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

One time, at summer camp (Bible camp, 1 week long), I told my counselor that my only talent was reading (there was a talent show that night, and I didn't want to be in it). While this is probably mostly true, I think most of the issue was not wanting to get up in front of the camp and do something.

The next day, at mail call (pretty much all inner-camp mail), I had to read a Bible verse to get a piece of mail. I'm pretty sure I blushed through the whole thing. It was better than being asked to do a song I'd never heard before to get my mail (which also happened that year).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel better now that I've said all that random stuff. Hopefully some of it was interesting.

No comments: