Friday, May 14, 2010

Waiting Again, Naturally

I'm finding myself thinking in posts lately (this isn't really related to waiting, I just thought I'd share this first). I wonder if there is anyone else out there who thinks like this, or do they all think in Tweets?

Anyway, lately things have been about waiting. Waiting for Monday, so Ace can start his job. Waiting on a phone call to find out if I'll be working in a library (in a different, but nearby town). Waiting to find out if I'll start my period or if my sleepiness lately will become a slightly more long term thing. Waiting for Ace to get paid so we can move out and live on our own.

Waiting seems to be my natural state anymore. I always seem to be waiting for something. Right now, we seem to be, finally, headed back to where we were shortly after we were married. Living together, slowly accumulating the things you accumulate in marriage (tvs, pots, pans, movies). While we have some things still (laptops, books, clothes), there is still a lot we are going to have to replace (sheets, towels, pots, pans dress clothes, my bras).

We're so close to being independent again. It's hard to talk about, because it feels like if I say something, it will go away and I'll be stuck here, in my in-laws living room, for a long time. It won't though. I'm sure I'll feel a lot better when I start seeing Ace bringing home income and us sleeping in the same bed. It'll be real then, instead of seeming like some fantasy like it does now.

But until that happens, I'll be waiting.

P.S.: I've several junk e-mails to mock, I just haven't had the desire to do so lately. My plan is to post one tomorrow.

No comments: