Monday, August 6, 2007

Being Lazy and Keeping Busy

The past two days have been an interesting study in opposites. Yesterday, Ace and I were lazy and watched DVDs and had sex. Today, we both were rather busy (well, I was as busy as I get). I got all our laundry folded and put away (someday, I'll keep up with that), the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded, and I cleaned out the one drawer we had left before our house was fully organized. I finished another chapter in my book on global warming (it is decidedly not favoring Al Gore's opinion on global warming). I went to the library and checked out three more books to read (May Contain Nuts by John O'Farrell - almost done with this one already, Hickory Dickory Death by Agatha Christie - I enjoy her books, and Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg - I was looking for this one when I went to the library last week). Oh, and Ace and I went to our chiropractic appointment this morning too, if everything else weren't enough.

Yesterday, we tried to watch The Seven Year Itch. I think we made it almost halfway through before we decided that the imagination of the main character was annoying. Every small little thing got blown up into this big huge deal. We enjoyed watching Police Academy. I, oddly, have seen some of the sequels, so I knew I would enjoy it. I think Ace had already seen it at some point, so he knew he would enjoy it. We are also halfway through season 2 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I've enjoyed listening to the commentary on a few of the episodes. It has convinced me that we totally need to get the entire series when we can. And we should probably get the series of 21 Jump Street too. Why didn't I notice how cute Johnny Depp was when the show was first on? (I guess I was too young to appreciate him at the time.)

Well, I think I'll get back to my book. It was somewhat hard to put down this long.

TTFN!

No comments: