Thursday, August 23, 2007

Remembering My Dreams

Last night, at church, I got reminded that God can do more through me than I think I can do. After church, on our way home, Ace and I talked about the dreams we have for things to do for God that we hadn't talked about in a while. We want to do things to help Tulsa be a better place. We want to help people. And if I think about what all would have to be done (or the amount of money involved), I think my mind would freak out. So, I think of the end result that God has shown me, and focus on that.

Today, Ace and I went to the library. I ended up getting 4 non-fiction books and one fiction book (the next mystery in the series I'm reading). I'm reading Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank B. Gilbreth, Jr., and Ernestine Gilbreth Carey as well as Who was Oscar Mayer? which is about the people behind the well known name brands. It's interesting to read the mini-biographies.

Other than that, I've spent quite a bit of the day listening to sermons that Ace downloaded from the internet. We've decided to cancel our Blockbuster online subscription. We're wanting to spend more time around God's word, so that is leaving, at least for now.

Well, I'm done for now.

TTFN!

No comments: