Wednesday, January 14, 2009

How Guillermo Cost Me Sleep

Guillermo got into the trash a few days ago. I had been splitting the turkey we got as a Christmas gift into smaller bags for eating on sandwiches and such. I threw away the bones and skin and then forgot to move the trash out of his reach.

According to the vet's office, he went dumpster diving for food. That lead to him getting diarrhea and having accidents in the house 2 nights in a row, he never has accidents so we knew something was wrong. Which is why he spent most of a day outside and then ended up seeing a vet yesterday. He seems to be feeling much better today and is probably past all his problems, but we're still giving him the meds from the vet anyway.

Back to his accidents: both nights he had an accident, Ace was working. This lead to me being woken up when Ace got home because he wanted me to know about it. So, when we picked Guillermo up from the vet's office yesterday, I was feeling extremely tired from not getting enough hours of sleep without interruption (that doesn't bode well for having kids, I don't think).

Last night, not only did Guillermo not have another accident, but I got about 9 hours of sleep with no major interruptions (nothing woke me up for more than 1 minute). And tonight should be similar.

Well, I'm off to bed, as it is almost 11 pm and I am tired.

Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh UGH, I hate it when the babies get sick...♦