Friday, January 30, 2009

Dinner

Tonight, Ace and I make meatloaf for dinner tonight. In a twist, I was the one who did most of the cooking (normally, it's Ace). He helped me with crushing crackers, cracking open eggs, and breaking up the meat to make it easier to mix.

I even did quite a bit of the work on fixing the sides (mashed potatoes and green beans). Then, we did something we rarely do, we sat at the table and ate.

It was nice. The goal is, now that Ace is working days again, that when he gets home in the evening I'll have dinner nearly ready (if not fully ready), and we'll make dinner together a normal event again.

Ace is happy to hear that I might start cooking again. I'm just starting to think that we'll need to get Hamburger Helper stocked in our pantry again. But, it will mean that instead of eating either meat or veggies, I'll start eating both for at least one meal (and either Ace or I will have leftovers for lunch the next day too).

Between eating regularly and starting my aerobics class next week, I should be feeling healthier and loosing weight soon. It's an exciting time in my house.

Now, if I can just make it through my plans tomorrow (laundry, dishes, and shaving, which should wear me out a lot tomorrow).

No comments: