Sunday, March 29, 2009

Beware the Snow of March

In Tulsa, we had a mild winter. Mild enough that I felt kind of bad reading about people who lived elsewhere who had bad snow and cold and it was icky outside. This winter was mild and it stayed in the 50s for most of the winter.

Then, out of nowhere, it snows shortly after spring begins. We were having lovely 70 degree weather, not expecting much change from that, and then snow hits us.

It did snow, I believe, once this winter, and it was a light snow. But this was inches (I don't know how many, but it was several) in less than a day.

The weather is supposed to warm up right away (high in the 50s), so this snow won't last long. But it came upon us randomly and I'm not sure what to make of it.

On the plus side, Ace got to come home early because of the weather. Then, he took Guillermo and I to get dinner out, because neither of us wanted to cook.

So, be careful if you're driving in OK before the snow leaves. It'll probably be slick. Hopefully it will melt quickly and things will get back to normal (meaning thunderstorms and tornadoes, not that any tornadoes seem to come to Tulsa).

TTFN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss snow! Please make a snowball for me and throw it in the street.