Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day 3

Today was a much better day. I got out of the jury pool for the case that was stressing me out. Then, I went down to the jury waiting room, and at 11:20, they announced that they were done with us for the week.

I should still get paid fully for today, I don't have to listen to a case that will scar me emotionally, and I get to spend time with Ace while he is still off for his "weekend".

The only bad things that have happened today are 1. I got 5 hours of sleep last night, so I'm pretty much running on empty right now and 2. on the way to the courthouse this morning, one of our tires shredded on the highway. We got it changed (okay, Ace and someone who works in an official capacity for the city/state got it changed) and I made it to the courthouse before I absolutely had to be there.

And now, I'm going to take a nap. Later, I'm going to find out when Karen can give me a massage to drive away the last little bit of stress from this whole process. I should sleep much better tonight.

Later!

P.S.: I totally hope that the guy whose jury I didn't feel capable of being on will have a fair trial. The biggest reason that I didn't want to be on the jury is that I wasn't sure I could be totally fair and not let my emotions get in the way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My word - what was the case?! Can you tell now that you're not on the jury?

MA Smith said...

It was a sexual abuse/assault (not fully sure which) on a minor.

I don't want the details.