Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 2

Today was not the best day.

Today started off well. I woke up on time, I got clean and got dressed and made it to the court house on time (early enough to snag a seat on a sofa, which is much better than a seat on an uncomfortable chair). I got through several more chapters of Pride and Prejudice and wondered where I might be by the end of the day if I didn't get called upstairs.

I got to see a grown woman (with kids!) throw a hissy fit because she wasn't excused to go home even though she was excused from the case she was called up for. It was funny/scary/annoying.

Then I got called for a case. And then I got to hear what the case was about. Then I got asked questions (as did several other people who were called upstairs). And by the end of the afternoon, I was fighting off the desire to just emotionally freak out in the courtroom (I think I was fighting off a panic attack, but I'm not sure).

And when Ace and I got home, I broke down and cried. Twice.

My plan tomorrow, is to ask to be removed from that jury pool. I obviously can't handle the case emotionally. I'd rather take the chance on a different trial.

Can it just be Saturday now, please?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! It's Wednesday afternoon, which means you're halfway there...